
The weather man was right. Today felt like early October despite the calendar read November 7th. Our afternoon high hit 59 degrees with sunny skies. I told bike man we needed to get out on our bikes, so we did just that around noon today.

I had hoped to ride Ruby today, but Ruby has a permanent place on her trainer, so I settled for my fat tires! Oh look, guess who came along for the ride? That's Bud.....Bud travels everywhere with us, especially on our bicycle trips. We've learned our lesson in the past about keeping Bud at home alone. I won't go into the story, but it involves broken ribs, concussion, cracked helmet, shock & emergency room visit.......12 years ago Bud stayed home, need I say more?

Now this wasn't planned, but near the end of our 20 mile ride, we just happened to swing by my girlfriends house (hobby farm). My girlfriend was outside doing what she does best.......working hard. Today was the day she scheduled to butcher her chickens. You just gotta love J, she works hard and always has a project in the works. Since J had FRESH butchered chickens, she offered me one.....a 6 pound sweetie. As you can see I strapped the chicken on to the back of my bike since I still have my computer rack on. Who would ever think I'd be biking with a chicken strapped to my bike. Does this mean I'm a country gal?

Here's the proof to our freshly cooked chicken tonight. The chicken tasted really good and was quite juicy. With mashed potatoes and some gravy, we had a perfect meal. Good thing Chris was hanging out at our house today, because we needed extra eaters to enjoy this large bird.
I liked everything about this post.
ReplyDeleteFriends, biking and eating.
I didn't know about Buddy. The chicken looks good.
ReplyDeleteLisa...I smiled.
ReplyDeleteI went to where it was cold, and it warmed up for you.
I smiled at the chicken, too.
Tell your friend that I have killed and cleaned chickens....a farm gurl at heart....and I admire her to the max!
Your posts make me smile.
Hugs,
Jackie
Bud the good luck bear huh, I didn't know about buddy either.
ReplyDeleteThat chicken looks good!