Bike man and I spent all day doing laundry, paying bills, answering voice mail, putting away camping gear, cleaning out the car, reading emails, reading blogs and trying to catch up on regular mail. Ah...we finally got done with everything by mid afternoon. Even made a loaf of GrapeNuts bread in the bread machine. Now it's starting to feel more like home sweet home.
The sun & 70 some degree weather is perfect today, so we went for a quick 20 mile ride around Tainter Lake late in the afternoon. Holy cow, something happened when I was out west biking in the mountains. I must have conditioned myself more than I realized. Today, I attacked every hill by standing and cranking up each one. I noticed my heart rate has actually dropped as well. In just that short amount of time being out in Montana and riding in higher elevation and cycling those mountains, it really made a difference in my bike riding today. I also had the best time ever for riding the Tainter Lake route. Now I understand why athletes go out to Colorado to train in the higher elevations...it really does make a difference. Guess this means more hills for me if I want to keep my conditioning level up.
This was my last day of vacation, and I savored every single minute of it. Tomorrow is back to the real world.
PS. I miss my biking friends, Shelia, Leon, Gail, Wilson, Phil, Karen, Nancy, Jean, Marilyn, Spike, Eli, Steve, Russ, Tom, Mike, Greg, Paul, Milan, Ann, and Scott. I'm so glad I got to spend time with them on our group ride.
I love the new soup bowls! I'm using my small laptop...with dial up and can't enlarge the photos...but they look handcrafted...which I absolutely love. Again, welcome home.
ReplyDeleteSmiles,
Jackie
Thanks Jackie...I am glad to be home. It's nice to have some privacy again. I cooked a meal last night and it felt so good to be back in my kitchen. Traveling gets old when you can't do your own cooking. I don't want to see another McDonald's for a long time!
ReplyDeleteLike your new bowls. It's fun to get some new dishes now and then and it's a fun remembrance of your trip.
ReplyDelete