I think it's really great that families come out to energy fairs on their bicycles!
After the energy fair, the bike man and our son decided to go trout fishing. I had my mountain bike in the car and decided I wanted to ride the Red Cedar trail. I was prepared for rain, but my main mission was to do a good leg workout. Before I departed on my way, the boys reminded me that I needed to average a 16-18 mph pace.
It turned out that the weather was cooperating this afternoon, so I decided to ride the extra miles to Durand, WI. Tried to push all the way, no stopping along the way.....42 miles today and averaged 13 mph. I rode 14-15 mph going to Durand, but the trail going back to Menomonie is a 1-2% upgrade, so I struggled to keep my pace in the windy conditions this afternoon. It was a good workout, especially by myself. Burned 1,800 calories....yes! Ice cream tonight!!!!
Now why am I not surprised that you watched the Tour de France.
ReplyDelete:))
Your photo of the river is very pretty. When I clicked to enlarge, I enjoyed seeing it even more. I love rivers, clouds, barns, steeples...and so much more that this comment section won't contain them! I'm glad that you had a good day...and I love visting your blog.
Smiles from Jackie
There's a road race every year around April 15th in Durand.
ReplyDeleteYou are right HL's. It use to be in Albertville, but they moved it to Durand.
ReplyDeleteYou know, you can eat ice cream when ever you want to. It's America and we can do that here.
ReplyDeleteI like the oldfashioned looking bikes.
ReplyDeleteYou are really turning into a hard-core biker. Good for you - I know you enjoy it and feel good about it. The Green Fair sounds like fun.
ReplyDelete