Heard on the local news last night that the Disney train would be in Whitefish for the kick-off of the Disney movie "Christmas Carol" featuring Jim Carey. How cool is that?
Hey, I found the Whitefish Public Library. I'm jealous!!! Didn't go inside, but I'm sure its a beautiful library. I could tell the community of Whitefish supports public library service.
We stumbled across the public beach area on Whitefish Lake. Decided to take a little sitting break and enjoy the beach & water. The temperatures were comfortable today...alittle clouds and lots of sunshine. No rain!
I really enjoyed the beach area. After leaving the lake, we headed back into the business district and enjoyed a nice iced latte. Next to the coffeeshop was a pottery shop where the bike man bought four pottery chili bowls.
Now it's time to go do laundry and eat a little dinner. Hope to get a good nights rest since tomorrow night we will be camping at the Whitefish High School. I'm excited about meeting all the fellow bikers along on this trip.
Beautiful place..
ReplyDeleteYour pony-tail is cute!
Hope you enjoy your bed tonight, it may be awhile before you get to enjoy that again.
Like Kellie said. Enjoy that bed while you can. It's the cold ground and rocks under your pad for the next week.
ReplyDeleteSo much I loved about the post tonight....where to start? :))
ReplyDeleteFirst of all: The Disney Train. You are right...How cool is that!!
I also like the photo of the dogs waiting on their owners. The photos show two gentle 'dawgs'....can't imagine that one growled at a photo opt. I never do that!!
I liked the shot of you relaxing...and the one of your husband relaxing, too. It looks like you are having a great time. (I wouldn't be a bit of good on that trip....bicycles....oh, I ache to even think about climbing aboard one...)
The picture of the mountains was beautiful. Thank you for sharing your trip with us. I live vicariously through your posts and photos.
Smiles,
Jackie
K, AK & J....thanks for your comments. I am having fun, but the real hard work starts tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI have to tell you that I have the greastest sleeping bag. On the underside of the bag, it has a sleeve to slide in a small air mattress. The sleeping bag itself is really warm...rated to zero. No backaches for this gal...whoo hoo.
I couldn't resist taking the "dogs in the truck" pic, however, the shaggy dog really started barking and groweling at me...I think he was just being protective of the mountain bikes in the back of the truck, hee, hee. The black lab never barked once!
Wow that looks like a nice area to stop and rest and take a break.
ReplyDeleteThat library building is very nice. If only.....
Just got caught up on your blog. Great photos, what a nice area.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you're having a total blast.
THat looks like total fun! I always check out the landfill or transfer station when I go to other cities. Isn't that funny? We like to see how our counterparts are doing their jobs. That is beautiful country - I'm sure your biking will be fun!
ReplyDeleteOoo mama, that picture of dad is perfect. Totally him in his element! (And no smile, of course ;)
ReplyDelete