Had to stop and take a picture of the Swan River, which we rode along side outside of Big Fork. It was a clear drop off down to the river, so I made sure I gave myself plenty of room on the bike trail.
Another shot I took this morning of a small lake with the mountains in the background. The water was actually greenish, but it was clean! I can see that it's going to be a challenge for me to stop and take pictures, especially when the terrain becomes difficult. My bum was sore today, but that's my fault....not enough training in hills. Riding on gravel roads is not exactly easy on the body so I popped a Tylenol...that should do the trick.
We are all excited about our dinner today. We have an awesome female chef and crew that will be making great meals of local and organic food. Last night we were treated to Sockeye Salmon, a delicious salad with hominy, corn, peppers, tomatoes & cilantro. We also had a delicious fresh veggie salad, and then homemade dinner rolls. I think people sign up for these expensive bike tours just for the food!!!!
Tomorrow a hard day....62 miles of mostly climbs and forest roads.
So that's why you're doing this trip. Bike off the food that you eat.
ReplyDeleteSounds great! Love your pictures. Be careful!
ReplyDeleteYea!! I'm so glad to see that you are having such a great time. I couldn't wait to see your next photos....and I'm not disappointed. Tremendous shots!!! The mountains, the lake...the refreshment after a long bike ride.
ReplyDeleteI had to go back and RE-READ the mileage. 45 miles!! Not for this girl! I hold you in highest esteem. My bum wouldn't be the only thing hurting. One would have to call an ambulance for me. Thank you again for such a treat!! Continue to enjoy...be careful...and have fun.
Many smiles,
Jackie
Looks like you guys are enjoying yourself.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure I would have had to inhale a whole bottle of aleave by now.
Rest good. Hope your next day is great too.
I did 23 miles once when I was a kid! Going down the hills was fun but going up was a different story. Going down into the Mississippi River Valley into Dubuque My little speedometer said I was doing 50 MPH. Sort of scared me on my big fat- tired bike. When going up hill on the way home I just got off and pushed the bike up the hill. I can't get over how one of you girls turned into an athlete. More power to you,Little Lady.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures and your blog. It's just like I'm riding behind you.(on my electric bike!)
Moose Jones
Sounds like a great trip so far! I'm sure you will do fine tomorrow. Keep the pics coming if you can, I'm loving that country.
ReplyDeleteLooks fun Mom :)
ReplyDeleteThose are fine lookin' hats.
ReplyDelete