Wednesday, July 15, 2009

More Random Photos

One of our food/water stops. This was the rainy and muddy day.

Our group meal at Condon, MT...we enjoyed steak that night and then a bunch of people went across the street and bought whole fruit pies and everyone shared. The Huckleberry pie was the all-time favorite. Jean & Nancy off to the left (sisters), and P & M from Madison WI.

Mark was brave and walked this wooden board that went way out into the mountain creek. It's suppose to be a good swimming area, but it was another rainy day and everyone was freezing cold. Not a good idea for swimming.


My Polish friend Phil off to the left (1/2 polish I must add). My Uncle Jack would love this guy. He's 68 years old and his activity level is off the wall. This guy blew me away cranking up the mountain yesterday. Off to the right Phil's friend Mark, and can't remember the name of the nice man in the middle, but he and his wife are from Santa Barbara, CA.



The bike man caught a back shot of me as we headed out on our first real hard day after Big Fork. It was nice when he took this photo, but the weather quickly took a turn and it rained the rest of the day.





5 comments:

  1. I love getting to know people on a trip like this. You will make some life-long friends I bet. It's so interesting to see how everyone got there and what their stories are. Sounds like you are still having fun - I'm glad it hasn't turned into hard work and no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scenery is beautiful...and I enjoy reading your comments about each photo.
    I have never had huckleberry pie...I've read about it! :))
    Great shots of you with your bike.
    Have fun, and take care...
    Smiles,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does huckleberry pie taste like?

    I'm glad you guys are making some friends with the other bikers.

    Can't wait to see all your pictures when you get back.

    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your such a social person, I'm sure it was fun to be able to visit with people. Too bad you had to bike in the rain.

    I have the same question as Kellie - What does HB pie taste like? Is it kind of like blueberry?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huckleberry is similar to a blueberry taste. I'm going to buy some huckleberry jam and bring it home.

    I had the chance to try some dry cherry wine that is made here in MT, and it was delicious wine...it's called Ten Spoon. Will buy a couple bottle and bring it home for a special occasion.

    ReplyDelete