
We made it! The first night we made it to Minot, North Dakota and the second day we drove through Montana on highway 2 and crossed the Canadian border into Alberta and camped at Wateron Lakes National Park. The Rocky mountains in this part of southern Canada are gorgeous.

We are camping very light...just a tent, sleeping bags, mattresses and a pillow. No cooking or food this time, so we are eating fast food (that gets old real fast) and buying small snacks. Just today I found a "real" coffeehouse....thank heavens because I haven't had a strong cup of java for days now and my body has been rebelling!

As we headed out on the first day (Tuesday) we stopped in Zimmerman, MN to visit our daughter, who is living with S & A this summer. A was so gracious and made a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies, a pot of coffee and also served us fresh cherries. What a wonderful mid morning breakfast! I'm so thankful our daughter is living with a wonderful couple this summer and is making Becca feel part of their family. After we said good-bye, we hit the road....we hit it hard! Drove until 8:30 pm that night.

Somewhere in Montana....it all looked the same to me. Near Shelby, MT we started seeing lots of trains. It's a very active train area near Shelby, kind of like all the train activity you see along the Mississippi River, but only more.
Today we are headed back south across the US border and down to Whitefish, MT. Hoping for a shower tonight as we haven't showered since Tuesday morning! I really need a shower.
Weather has been cool, like upper 60's to 70. Rained on us yesterday in the mountains, also very windy here. Should start warming up by this weekend.
PS. Bought a couple Butter Tarts this morning. Canada loves these little sweet pastries....I do too!
I can smell you all the way over here! I bet you ready to start biking and get those lesgs moving. Sitting for so long can get hard.
ReplyDeleteYou had a great start. Can't wait to see more pics. It sure will be pretty in the mts.
ReplyDeleteWhat no ND pictures? My in-laws (out-laws) live in Minot and surrounding area.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good start to your trip.
Have fun.
Sorry Kellie....I suppose I could have taken pictures of the wheat fields and cattle that went on for miles and miles!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, what beauuuutiful photos....I feel like I'm right there!
ReplyDeleteStay safe....continue to enjoy!!
Many smiles,
Jackie