Friday, April 10, 2009

The Greenhouse Is Up


This is a sure sign of spring! When the little greenhouse goes up, that means business.

I only worked 1/2 day today, so when I got home early this afternoon I really wanted to soak in the warm sunshine. There are still a few small ice patches amongst the hosta beds, but the main part of the yard is warming up nicely. Besides the soil thawing out, my allergies have awakened. Over the last 3-4 days, I've been sneezing a lot, plus blowing my nose. Oh goodie, goodie.

The vegetable plants have been started in pots and are coming along nicely in our sunny bay windows. As soon as the nights are above freezing, the plants will go outside in our little greenhouse. I'm just hoping the cat will not discover the tender taste of our veggie plants! You never know with Annabelle. She discovered my pussy willows in the window the other day, so nothing is safe around our house.

We took off around 3 pm this afternoon for a quick road trip to Southwest Wisconsin to visit my parents for Easter. Saw lots of cyclist out riding on highway 35 going south along the Mississippi River between Nelson and Trempleau. Overall, it was a nice sunny and uplifting day.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute greenhouse! Yes, it was great biking weather today. Can't wait to get out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have a lot of neat gadgets. Love the greenhouse. We didn't start anything from seed this year, bummer.
    Hope you have a nice visit with your parents.

    ReplyDelete