Monday, February 2, 2009

The Blanket With Sleeves!

The "Cult of the Snuggie" threatens to take over America! That's what I read recently in the USA Today newspaper. When I read the article I couldn't help but laugh out loud because all during the Christmas break when Becca & Chris were home, we continually howled every time the Snuggie commercial came across the TV. Do you know what a Snuggie is? The Snuggie is an over sized fleece blanket with sleeves....they come in different colors too! Jay Leno referred to the Snuggie as "the lard-ass quilt."!!!! Our favorite part of the TV commercial is when they show family members at a sporting event cheering and high-fiving each other while wearing their monk-like garment. It was at that point where Becca usually ended up laughing hysterically!!! The article listed one Snuggie fan-club that has 5,999 members...holy cow. By the end of 2008, 4 million Snuggies have been sold. Hey you can't beat two Snuggies for the price of $19.95, and don't forget, you also get two free book lights.....yeeha! Still don't know what a Snuggie is, take a look for yourself.

7 comments:

  1. I agree with Becca - hilarious =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched about 20 seconds of that video. I can see why your family was cracking up. Wouldn't a HOUSECOAT kind of do the same thing? Or get dressed! It reminds me of the commercials where the lady is just so cranky and frustrated trying to chop those vegetables with her knife and then voila! She has a big smile on her face when she uses the Chopper! So much easier. I think if she'd just take the crabby look off her face and hold the knife correctly she could alleviate a whole lot of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the snuggie family must be some kind of stupid! Hat, coat, mittens, You can wear that to the game too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha, Lynn's parents bought each of us a Snuggie and Lynn was super excited for me to bring it to Alaska... shh, I left it in her car on purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shame on you Rissa!!!!!! Can I have it????????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't knock it till you try it. I love mine. As an x-Marine I haven't had any thing this warm since I moved to Northern Alaska! It's even camouflaged so no one can see me.
    Moose Jones

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are free to have it! Haha! I can't even wear a fleece shirt because I get too static-y. I think I would be a constant puffball if I wore it! Mandy and Nay-Jo were tearing around the house wearing them. When they figured out how easy it was to give electric shocks, they had wayyyy too much fun.

    ReplyDelete