Friday, January 16, 2009

Dust Off Your Library Cards



I thought I'd take a picture of our "Hold" shelf. These are library items that people request online and then they are sent to our library for pick-up. Three days a week we receive a courier delivery of library items that people have requested from other libraries in our consortium. It's such a good deal. Why buy a book when you can request it from a library and then be given a 21 day checkout period...how amazing is that? It's not just limited to books either. You can request movies, audiobooks, music cds, computer games etc. It does keep my staff busy however. Now, if people would just come in and pick up their stuff promply....that's another issue. Remember to use your public library. Your tax dollar help run our facilites! Do you have a current library card????

3 comments:

  1. And bring it to the library with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do. But I hardly ever go to the library. I usually read books I find at work or are recommended by someone else. Right now I'm hankering to read all the Mrs. Pollifax series by Dorothy Gilman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the library!!!! I haven't bought a book in years. I agree with Aunt Krissy, I wish more people would bring their library card with them.

    ReplyDelete