Monday, January 12, 2009

It's All About the Climbs!!!


First, here's a picture of the front of our house, taken on Saturday. After tonight I'm sure the snow drift above our front door will be even higher. Tonight is the start of an "Artic Blast" that will last the next five days. It snowed all day today and then the winds kicked up tonight, so I drove home on drifted roads.
I went to Mark's spinning class tonight. We actually had a full class tonight! Now Mark is biker racer so his classes are always more intense then my spin classes. Mark and I also have different spinning drill techniques, but that's ok, it give fitness club members a variety in styles. My class followers don't know this yet, but over the next four months I will begin to increase my seated climbs and standing climbs. Why? Because by early July I will be riding the Great Divide trail in the Montana mountains and I need to have the endurance to bike 40-60 miles a day on mountain trails. I'm going to make my class members train along with me...they just don't know that yet, HA!

4 comments:

  1. Oh! you are sneeky! I'm going to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! That sounds like work. That is why I don't go to gyms. I prefer leisurely strolls on the beach in the moonlight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't sound like my kind of fun, but I know you love biking. Maybe you'll inspire your students to plan a trip of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lisie
    Don't forget you have a problem with cold hands & feet!
    Remember the purple fingers in gymnastics?
    A Team mate

    ReplyDelete