
When I'm not teaching spinning class (twice a week), then I spin at home on my trainer. Let me tell you there's a big difference between the spinning bikes and my own road bike on the trainer. The spinning bikes are heavy and very stable. My road bike on the trainer is much more flexible and realistic as far as using your gears. Actually, it's much harder on my road bike and I get a really good workout at home. This morning when I worked out at home, I threw my chain (mountain bikers call it chain suck) right in the beginning of my workout....darn. I had to hop off the bike and put my chain back on...yes, my fingers got all black with chain grease. I was so mad. Now with spinning bikes, you will never have to worry about "throwing a chain." I got a good workout however as my cat sat on the bed and watched me spin! Last year I taught my cat how to "high five" while spinning on my bike...really I did! Now my bike is too far away from my bed and kitty will just sit there and watch me. At least she doesn't try to attack my back wheel like last year. Her kitten qualities are finally fading after one year.
It's going to warm up next week...lets all rejoice!
all that spinning and going nowhere! Do you ever feel like a hamster?
ReplyDeleteYes, I do feel like a Hamster somedays, however, no one feeds me treats! Well I take that back, you brought brownies to work today, that was very nice of you. Thanks for feeding me treats.
ReplyDeleteSpinning actually looks the most appealing to me of all the physical activities I can think of. I do really enjoy biking in the summer. Maybe I will have to invest in a stationary bike for the house.
ReplyDeleteI thought spinning sounded sort of hamsterish too, but I suppose you can think of all the places you could go when it is nice out.
ReplyDeleteHi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI just found you. Remember Lady Grace, my horse at Alana Springs? Those were the olden days.
I found you once but I don't think I can do it again. Email is about all I can do.
Love, Jude
Hi Jude.Yes I do remember Lady Grace. I'm glad you found my blog. Stay warm up there in the Great North!
ReplyDelete