Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner All Over Again

I had Thanksgiving dinner all over again! Actually, I went to a potluck tonight for my bible study group through church. We were all told to bring a dish to pass, and the church would provide the meat. When I walked into the church house, I couldn't believe the smells. The smell of the baked ham filled the whole house. Now my bible study group is just one of about six other groups. In my group we probably have around 15-18 regulars. Yes, there was lots of good food. These were some of our choices tonight:

* Baked Ham
* Real Homemade Cheesy Potatoes
* Scalloped Corn
* Seasoned Stuffing
* Cranberry Sauce
* Green Bean Casserole
* Potato Salad
* Sweet Potato Casserole
* Assorted Breads & Rolls
* Assorted Desserts (6 kinds)
Everything tasted so good...better than my Thanksgiving meal! What did I bring? I made my famous Heath Bar Cheesecake. My cheesecakes weigh about five pounds!!!

It's been a long day....full day at work, taught spinning class, and then off to the potluck. I finally got home by 9 pm tonight. I'm looking forward to bedtime tonight.

3 comments:

  1. It's 11:00 and I can't believe I'm still up! But I'm going to sleep in, in the morning since I don't have to be at work till 12:30. (smile, smile) You'll have to tell me more about your bible study.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like alot of food!
    I'm still up reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a feast. I had a slice of icky pizza for dinner at church. We have dinner together every Wed night but tonight the lady cooking forgot it was her turn so they ordered pizza instead. Cheap pizza.

    ReplyDelete