Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Really Don't Need An Alarm Clock Anymore.......

By now, everyone knows I'm a lover of cats. I'm always amazed at each cats personality. I'm sure dogs are no different when it comes to personalities, but there's something about cats and how they adapt to their homes and owners. I now have this routine with my cat Annabelle. Beginning around 6 am, my cats starts trying to arouse me by meowing right next to our bed as she scratches alongside the mattress. Now mind you, she has no front claws, but can still make a loud scratching sound. If I don't respond, she leaps up on the bed right next to me. She then proceeds to lick my cheek, nose and yes, sometimes my lips...icky! I've learned to have a quick reflex of my left arm to swat her off the bed. Annabelle has learned that I'm not ready to wake up at 6 am, so she will come back to my bedside again at 6:30 am and then again at 6:45 am! When I finally do wake up, Annabelle will be all loving and sweet (more licks here and there), and will then gallop out to the kitchen to stand there at her cat bowl meowing for her morning food. Annabelle is pretty patient as she has learned that I make the pot of coffee first, then kitty is feed.....that's the number one rule at my house. Coffee first, cat feeding second!!!!!!! After kitty's tummy is full, she will then come and lay next to me as I check my morning email/blog. There's something about the warmth of the laptop that attracts kitty. Most mornings I have to pry her off the laptop keys since I cannot type with a fury animal covering the shift and tab keys. What would I do without my fluffy friend? I must admit, I'm attracted to all that fluff and fur. It comes down to two things....you are either a cat lover or a dog lover.

2 comments:

  1. I had a cat for about 6 years till it died. I had to give it insulin shots 2 times a day. I liked having cats till I got Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a cat, just dogs. So I don't know if I'm a cat person or not. I do like cats. I'm catsitting for a friend right now and that kitty loves to be petted. What I don't like about cats is how they'll just all the sudden claw you or bite you. You get a bit more warning from a dog. I think it's when they're excited and the bites are love bites but it freaks me out.

    ReplyDelete