Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Tea Time!

Here is a picture of my dear friend Helen. Helen is my oldest library patron! Can you believe she is 92 years old? During the warm months, Helen visits my library via her electric scooter. Helen called me up today because she wanted to come to our "holiday tea" at the library but didn't have a ride. I was so happy she wanted to come, and I was able to go and pick her up at her apartment.


We had a normal turnout at our event tonight...a whole whoping 8 people, woo hoo! We have a local country shop in our village that does floral arrangements. My mom thought it would be a good idea to have flowers for the tea event so I ordered flowers for one table and then the shop owner surprised me today by making another arrangement as a "freebie." See the photo to the right.


We did have one mom that attended our event tonight. Her name is Karen and she is the mother to Kris who works for me. Karen and her husband are snowbirds in Arizonia, but live in Alaska during the summer months. They arrived a couple days ago to visit their daughter Kris. It was so nice to finally meet Karen, especially since she reads my blog!
I think all the women enjoyed themselves tonight. We started our program tonight with a special performance by the Colfax High School Chamber Choir, which consisted of ALL girls. My daughter Becca use to be in Chamber Choir so I have a special place in my heart for the kids that join the choir. After the singing, Jenny read a wonderful Christmas poem, which was followed by tea (raspberry & gingerbread tea) and treats. Lastly, everyone made a tea ornament before leaving. All in all it was a fun night and it made my little library come to life with Christmas cheer!


4 comments:

  1. Everything looks so nice that I envy the 8 people who did come.
    How I wish our library would do something like a story time tea. What story did Miss Jenny read?
    You all did a beautiful job and should be commended . How many kids in the choir? Boy do I remember you and your sister's choir days!
    Owl eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the singing! and the stuff that your mom sent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a nice time was had by all. I miss my mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad Helen was able to come. You are a sweetheart to pick her up and give her a ride home. I hope we can share another tea with Helen.
    Thanks for your help today with my blog!

    ReplyDelete