Monday, December 8, 2008

The Ice Shack

I took this picture on Saturday of Chris's ice shack that he built. He wanted to keep the cost down so he decided not to line the sides with plywood, but used plastic instead. Then, he will throw a really good tarp over that to keep it in good shape during the winter. I think Chris is planning on moving his shack to Lake Menomon in Menomonie, WI during his Christmas break from school. I think it's great that Chris wanted to build his first ice shack. Maybe next time he won't have to be so cost conscious and can build a bigger one with all the bells & whistles. Does anyone want to go fishing this weekend?

3 comments:

  1. I remember building an ice shack with K when we were first married. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ted gave Chris a little heater that uses a small propane tank.

    ReplyDelete