Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Old Can Be Nice

My husband decided to get our ceramic Christmas tree out and put it in our bay window today. It looks really pretty when all the lights are turned out in the dinning room. We've had this tree for many, many years. When Ted worked for the Post Office he knew a woman that made these ceramic Christmas trees, so he decided to ask the woman to make a tree for me. Well, he ordered the largest tree ever! I know it's probably an out-of-date type of tree, but I still love it. So how long will it be before the cat bites off the little lights? Years ago we had a big Maine Coon cat named Patches (Patchie boy), and Patches loved to remove the lights by biting them off. I would have to go around and look for the colored lights that he removed and put them back on the tree. I'm sure it won't be long before Annabelle will discover the lights too.

3 comments:

  1. My Mom has one thats kind of like that. Its white with gold trim, her brother made if for her about 25 years ago? Not sure of the time frame. But I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say, my parents have a ceramic tree like that. But it is a different color. Kris beat me to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom had one too! I'm not sure who has it now, but I have many fond memories of looking at that little tree lit up.

    ReplyDelete