Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"The Bullet"

The woman I buy my eggs from stopped by the library this morning to pick up her requested books She stood at the circulation with a big smile on her face. She said, "I brought you something." In a little paper cup was this funny shaped egg. Remember one of my past posts where I talked about a chicken that lays really small eggs (I showed a picture)? Well, this time the chicken laid a "bullet" shaped egg. Actually this is one of the larger bullet size eggs! I guess her other eggs are usually even smaller. I just stood there and laugh a good one....a chicken that lays bullet eggs. I guess this particular chicken is one of her largest chickens in her flock, but she lays these really small eggs. How funny is that?


Guess who found the eggs while trying to shoot this picture...geez. She's such a pest sometimes. Good thing I was right there to catch the egg as it went flying off the plate. Never trust a cat!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. what a odd looking egg! Do you ever get dbl yolks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about dbl yolks...haven't gotten one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cat is such a character. I think I might like a cat after reading about yours and after taking care of my friends cat for a few days. They can have a personality too...I kind of didn't realize that before because they are so different from dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, did you eat the bullet egg yet? Maybe it will taste different. I did have a few double yolkers last time.

    ReplyDelete