Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Guess What? Ted Won.......

I'm so excited! Ted found out today that he won a seven day mountain bike support trip on the Great Divide trail going through Montana (208 miles). The trip is sponsored by Dirt Rag Magazine,but the trip organizers are Adventure Cycling, which is big bike travel organization throughout the US. They primarily plan and sponsor bike tours/trips throughout the United States. Ted is a member of Adventure Cycling and just decided to enter for the give-away several months ago. The best part of this trip is that it is fully supported meaning they will carry your bags, camping gear and it's catered!!!! We won't have to cook.....how great is that? The trip will be held in July so now Ted is trying to talk me into signing up for the bike tour as well. Of course I have to pay. I've never been to Montana so I'm thinking I need to sign up as well. Ted rode part of the Great Divide trail three years ago when he and his brother Larry started in Jasper, Alberta and connected with the Great Divide trail in Banff and continued on through Jackson Hole, WY. I am so excited that Ted won this trip, and now I can join him too if I choose. I guess I'll have to mark my calendar for July 11-17th, yeeeeeeee ha!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great adventure. You must go! You will always be kicking yourself in the pants regretting that you didn't go if you don't. Like Nike "just do it." Wait, that's Mt. Dew. So what's Nike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you are right, it's Nike's slogen...just do it. Thank you Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No,Nike is "Just do it" Mt.Dew. is "do the dew"

    also I think that you should go with Ted. I regret that I didn't go on some trips. Always say yes to trips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always felt bad about you missing the month - long trip to Washington DC, up through New England to Maine and back to Wisconsin.Go as much as you can while you're still young.

    ReplyDelete