I couldn't resist taking a picture of this little cute egg. One of my library patrons kept telling Jenny and me about this one particular chicken she has that randomly lays a tiny egg. She hasn't figured out why, but she surprised us today by bringing in this little egg so we could see with our own eyes how tiny it really is. She also told us the yolk is the funniest thing ever....it's just soooooo small. Hey, is this what you would call a "diet egg"??? Every Wednesday, this certain woman brings a couple dozen eggs for Jenny and me. There is nothing like fresh farm eggs. Now for some reason, I can tolerate these eggs. In the past, eggs I bought from the grocery store made me very sick. After about nine months or so, I've just started eating eggs again. All I know is these chickens are pampered and are only feed the best grains. Their chicken coop gets cleaned every other day, fresh water etc. She said her chickens are so well kept that they never get sick. I think she said something about massages and pedicures too.......ha, just kidding!!!!!!!!
I wonder if the hen was visiting with a neighboring bantam rooster instead of the regular roosters in her coop?
ReplyDeleteAre both eggs from the same chicken? Do you ever get dbl yolks?
ReplyDeleteOh, I forgot to mention that I just put one of the normal eggs from one of the other chickens, next to egg that came from the "odd" chicken. I did that so my photo would really show the difference. I think the odd chicken always lays small eggs....never normal ones. I haven't found a dbl yolk yet.
ReplyDelete