Friday, November 21, 2008

Nice Ending To a Long Day

Today, I had to attend a consortium meeting in Eau Claire. Every other month, all the Library Director's must attend what's called Director's Council. It's basically a consortium meeting for all the
Library Directors in our area. At these meetings, all the Director's get to vote on issues that deal with the operations of their libraries, policies and budget issues. It's really funny because this meeting is where you will see who gets along with who and thoses who clash! Daggers fly, snippy comments errupt, and tempers explode. Who would ever think librarians could be nasty! Geez. I always just sit back and enjoy the show, hee, hee.

After our meeting ended, all of us headed over to Mary's house (Altoona PL Director) for a luncheon to celebrate the marriage of my dear friend Colleen to Allen....see the picture above. I'm so very happy for Colleen and Allen. Colleen has been one my librarian friends for a long time and we've shared many good trips together. The library conference to San Jose, CA was our favorite and most memorable trip. Our "librarian" get-together this afternoon was a nice ending to a long day of library politics!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know about the secret life of librarians!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who knew? I always thought all librarians were nice all the time, except when they are over zealous on the shushing. It's kind of like that in church meetings too I hate to say.

    ReplyDelete