Website Creation
I got my first lesson today on website design. Ted came in to the library as well today so we could both get our training from Gus. I am so excited to totally redesign our library website after three long years of waiting. The software is actually OpenSource and the management is through "dotnetnuke." The website managment looks almost like blogspot so I will be very comfortable adding text boxes, links, photos, a calendar etc. Once we get our website up and running I will post the link on my blog. I like the challenge of creating and designing a website.....it's always good to learn something new in life!
I ate the best Raspberry Almond bars today. Thanks Krissy. So Kris was bummed out today because she found out her blog is rated as "juvenile" in nature, while her sister Patty and my blog are rated as "college" level....sorry Krissy. Maybe you should post a picture of yourself under your profile. The name Krissy can be deceiving ya know?
That made me laugh hard! She called me at work to complain that I and you were college level and she was only Jr High. I'm still laughing. I suppose it wouldn't be so funny if mine had come back at the elementary level. I pointed out to her that she does use poor grammar and spelling and perhaps that's why. But, really - I can't believe that site can really judge a blog from such a short scan. Although, I won't be arguing! I like the college rating!
ReplyDeleteIt wasnt rated that way, you need to have that education level to understand it! So no treats for you!
ReplyDeleteI know, I really think it's a scam. There's no way it can come up with a rating from scanning for 2 seconds. What's it scanning? Content, spelling, pictures, ratio of pics to words, ratio of words to length? It's just too many variables for it to be real.
ReplyDelete