Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Floor is Coming Slowly

I know that's not the best picture, but I tried doing a slideshow on my blog last night and it wouldn't work. I signed up with Flickr (online photo space user) but my blog site just wouldn't except all the photos. I'll try again.

UPDATE ON GRANDMA WINNIE
We received an email this morning from Ted's sister saying that Grandma Winnie discovered some bleeding last night before going to bed. They took her to the hospital late last night and the doctor found another lesion (infected) on her liver. We then got a call this morning from Ted's sister again and the doctor was planning on draining the lesion today. Around 2pm this afternoon, we got another call from his sister saying that while draining the lesion, the doctor punctured her lung!!! As I type this, the doctor is working on the lung problem. We hope to get another call later this afternoon for an update. Through all this, Winnie was awake and talking so let's hope she isn't in too much discomfort. Isn't that the "pits"??? I guess Winnie's blood pressure and potassuim levels were really low last night so that would explain why she's been feeling weak. Winnie was only home from the hospital for a couple days and then this happened. Keep Winnie in your prayers.

Ted and Chris were working on the bedroom floor today, but ran into problems with their drill. They are at the point where they needed to screw down the wood slats through the insulation but the drill wasn't powerful enough to go through the concrete. So, they drove to Fleet Farm to buy a new drill. I could hear the excitment in Ted's voice when he called someone at Fleet Farm..."hummm yes, I need to buy a new drill....do you have......." Men and their power tools, hee, hee.

We had a good message at church today. We are studying Corthinans ch. 9 and I found verses 24-27 so useful for everyday life. Apostle Paul talks about when you run a race, you usually run it to win, so why not try to run as hard as you can to win your eternal life with Jesus Christ. Don't just run to finish the race, run to win your way into heaven. Think about your race as being against Satan, the world and yourself. Just run.....I couldn't help but think about Forest Gump at that moment while the Pastor Tim was talking. Run Forest runnnnnnnnnnn! It was hard to keep a straight face, if you know what I mean.

I'm going to try a new recipe today, Chicken Tortilla Soup . If it turns out good I will put the recipe on my blog. If time allows I will make pumpkin bread today as well.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to here about Winnie, I will keep her in my prayers. Yum pumpkin bread tmr at work!

    ReplyDelete