We celebrated my retirement and Dale's as well, by snowshoeing last Sunday. Since we're all Sierra Club friends, that's how you celebrate....just being outdoors and enjoying the beauty! We ended our afternoon with a nice little party, enjoying some fried rice, fresh vegetable salad and wine & more wine (of course in moderation)!!!
I also wanted to show you a photo I took of my snowshoe adventure during our last snowstorm during the first week of February. I was so excited to be snowshoeing through the storm all by myself. Total peace and quiet. I found it quite interesting that there were no deer tracks that afternoon in the woods. All the deer were hunkered down during the storm!
So now catching up on my whereabouts, I'm currently in Richland Center helping my mom and dad. My dad is scheduled to have a bladder cancer procedure tomorrow at their local hospital, so I'll be here to help my folks out during the week.
I'm still getting asked how I like retirement. My answer hasn't changed at all. Every day I'm thankful I chose to retire and spend time with my Bike man.


Congratulations!! I did not know you retired. It is a fine, fine time. Good for you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Joanne.
DeletePrayers for your Dad during his procedure.
ReplyDeleteHugs to your Mom....and to you, too, of course.
Warm smiles, Lisa.
Love,
Jackie
Thanks Jackie.
Delete