Saturday, January 9, 2016

Winter Brings Comfort Food


Steel-Cut Oatmeal

There's something about winter that makes us think about comfort foods.  Comfort foods that make you feel toasty warm and satisfied.  I do have to admit to you however, that some comfort foods are not totally healthy and are loaded with fat and sugar.  But don't feel sad, because I'm telling you that I have a comfort food recipe that will make you smile and feel happy.....it will actually make you excited about waking up in the morning!

So what is my comfort food?  Steel-cut oatmeal cooked with love and happiness.....plus my little secret ingredient too.  Well, actually there's several secret ingredients thanks to Bike man's wisdom and ability to change a simple recipe!

Are you just a little curious?  Want my recipe?  Checkout the Turtle Recipes in my top menu.

6 comments:

  1. ~simply frugalynne~January 9, 2016 at 7:19 PM

    I would probably take that and blend it for a smoothie! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An oatmeal smoothie? Now that's an interesting idea. Let me know Lynne if you try it.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I need to eat MORE oatmeal.
    Sigh.
    Alas.
    I have high cholesterol. I was just put on statins this week.
    Warm hugs,
    J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please make this oatmeal for breakfast Jackie, and try increasing your fiber intake everyday.

      Delete
  3. I use oatmeal in smoothies all the time! Usually quick oats, though.

    ReplyDelete