Time to read. The plant books I ordered through the library finally came in today, so now I can sit at home and read about succulents and cactus. However, I think I'll wait until this weekend when the temperatures turn bitter cold again. Cold weather is perfect for coffee/tea, books and blankets. The weather forecast is calling for 30 degrees below zero windchills in about 3 days or so. No worries....this is January and I expect this kind of weather here in the Midwest. It's in my Wisconsin blood ya know??? Now give me a 90 degree day and I can't handle that kind of extreme heat anymore.
Bike man resurrected this lonely cactus from his mother's house. The poor cactus had fallen over in it's pot years ago, so he finally brought it over to our house for a re-potting session. It looks beautiful now...yeah. Can't wait for it to produce a flower.
The other day I talked to Bike man about building a south-facing sunroom/greenhouse off our bedroom where we could grow LOTS of plants. We are lovers of plants that's for sure, but we just need more room in our house for plants. I think this sunroom idea might be a good thing to research for the winter months. Dreaming is free right???
No, no Abby girl, stay away from the cactus!!!



Abby is so pretty....
ReplyDeleteI'd forgotten how beautiful her fur is.
And....the cactus looks like a heart to me.
Enjoy your books....(and crossed fingers for your potential sunroom/greenhouse.)
Hugs,
J.
Jackie, I will have to post about each cat. Haven't really talked about them too much.
ReplyDeleteI would love to see those posts!!
Delete