Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Benefits of Herbal Tea

It doesn't matter if its hot or cold outdoors, I still crave herbal tea all-year round.  About thirteen months, I started drinking half my body weight (in oz) in liquids.....mostly herbal tea.  It's actually not hard and pretty easy.  So, take your body weight and divide in half.  That is the number of liquid ounces you should be drinking everyday, or at least shoot for that number.  For me, this means I should be drinking 56 ounces a day to feel hydrated and healthy.  You can choose to drink strictly water, or drink a combination of other liquids throughout the day.

I mainly set out over a year ago to shed a few pounds, plus the doctor switched my medication and now I'm suppose to drink more fluids because the medication can make me dehydrated, so it's a win win situation for me.....just drink lots.  Herbal tea was just my choice to drink since I find water totally boring!!!

The Yogi teas are one of my favorites and I especially like anything minty, lavender or lemon.  Most of the Yogi teas contain chamomile flower, Rooibos leaf, lemongrass, green tea and Stevia leaf.  Checkout the Yogi website to see ALL the different teas  

I also started drinking the Arbonne Detox tea, which I've grown to love and crave.  Detox tea is great for the health of your liver and kidneys.  I especially just like the herbal combination that gives you a nice gentle and calm feeling after drinking a BIG cup of this tea, plus it does act as a diuretic to help flush any toxins out of your body.  This particular tea contains a cleaver combination of milk thistle, peppermint, dandelion, sweet fennel, elder flower, parsley, Uva Ursi and licorice!  Since I drink this tea often, I know it has helped me maintain the ten pounds I lost in 2015.  Of course I have to mention that I am an Arbonne Independant Consultant, so I guess that makes me a little bias to this tea, hee, hee!  Checkout my own Arbonne business webpage if you are interested in purchasing the tea or any other products  From time to time, I will be blogging about my absolute favorite Arbonne products, but I promise not to saturate you with too many posts or become superfluous with product details!

There are so many more tea retailers out there, but I like to stop by my local food Co-op to pick up tea.  If I find any further good sources to purchase from, I will be sure to pass that along to you.  My daughter bought me a nice variety box of herbal teas from Trader Joe's for Christmas, so you can find tea in many places, other than the grocery store.

 I guess this makes me a Tea-Aholic!  I confess that I'm now now moving on to decaffeinated Earl Grey and Lady Earl Grey.  Maybe next month it will be Darjeeling tea.......

PS.  I still need my coffee in the morning and that will NEVER change, ever.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting to read about the amount of liquid per body weight.
    I shan't tell you how many ounces I should drink.
    That. Would. Embarrass. Me.
    But....I did drink a delicious cup of warm tea today with my lunch. I love hot tea.
    Changing the subject: is that a FROZEN LAKE I see in your header?
    Yes.
    It is!
    My heart leaps as I look at it. You are so lucky, my friend. To be able to walk on water must make you feel wonderful!
    Sigh.
    I love the sight of it!
    Sending you warmest hugs....
    Love to you,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bike man and I haven't been out on our frozen lake yet because we had such mild weather. Well, now it's been subzero weather so it's time for us to do some ice fishing and maybe some snowshoeing on the lake. Hoping the ice is 10 inches thick....usually it's 12 inches by now. I'll post more lake photos when I can Jackie. Wish I could send you some snow!

      Delete
    2. Enjoy your ice fishing! (I wish you could send me some snow, too!)
      Hugs,
      J.

      Delete