Monday, January 11, 2016

Winter Arrived


After two days of windchills and subzero temperatures, I finally ventured out today in 6 degree weather to get a much needed run in to feel normal and re-energized.  I really can't complain because November and December were very mild months for us here in the Midwest and we all got a little spoiled.  So, when the subzero temperatures finally struck us this past weekend, it was a reality check......what???  Winter is finally here?

So, here I am all bundled up this afternoon coming back from my little 3-mile run.  Dang it, I forgot that I wore mascara today, so my frozen eyelashes were dripping black droplets when everything began to thaw.  Note to myself:  don't wear mascara on a run with single digit temperatures......you will look like a zombie and every passing car will slow down and look at you with disgust, or maybe laughter!

Even with a zombie face, it sure felt good running today.  Don't worry, I wasn't cold.  With my multiple layers, wool socks, Gortex jacket, chopper gloves, neck turtle, knit penguin hat and silk face mask, I was plenty warm.  It took me 15 minutes to get my layers assembled before I headed out the door, but hey, I was warm!
  

5 comments:

  1. Now, my friend, you KNOW that I HAD to enlarge the photo to get a gander at the eyelashes. And, yep! You have those raccoon eyes. Toooo funny.
    No more mascara for you on single-digit runs.
    My motto: no single-digit runs for me with or without mascara. Period. The end.
    Love your spirit, girl!
    Love you!
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed inside and did aerobics! Ha! Well, I don't run even on a good day. Glad you got a run in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne, I thought about doing some aerobics or dance DVDs that I bought years ago. Just hope all 4 cats don't want to join me in the fun!!!

      Delete
  3. I stayed inside and did aerobics! Ha! Well, I don't run even on a good day. Glad you got a run in.

    ReplyDelete