I felt like a little kid, all excited and in awe. It's been a hidden secret of mine, but for years and years, I've always wanted to visit Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers. So when I saw that my library conference was offering tours of Lambeau Field, I just couldn't resist, and I was sooooo excited. Just so you know, the glow behind me is special grow lights to trick the grass into thinking the sun is shinning all the time. The lights help to keep the grass health and growing, even in the cold weather. There is also an underground heating system so the grass/ground always stays around 55 degrees.
One of the highlights of the tour was to sit in one of the new suites. Can you believe this particular suite room sells for $120,000 per season? I just about choked when our tour guide quoted the prices. The smaller suite next to us went for $85,000. I can't even imagine the person that pays that kind of money for a suite. That kind of wealth just blows my mind.
Look at this suite! Again, I just felt like a little child with big round eyes and I was taking in every single moment of the tour.
The view from the suites is beautiful, and to think you never have to feel the cold elements of the winter weather.
My library sessions earlier in the day were very interesting. Lots of good idea.....if only I had more time, more staff, a bigger building and a much bigger operating budget! Oh well, at least I can dream a little......





I feel the happiness and excitement through this post. I can almost "hear" the happy in your voice.
ReplyDeleteI'm beyond excited for you Lisa!!!
Big hugs!!!
J.
Secret wishes fulfilled...what a great event!!
ReplyDeleteHOW EXCITING LISA!! I would love to go there too! Take a tour, check out the hall of fame, experience the ambiance of the place.
ReplyDelete