Sunday, October 20, 2013

Change is Happening

Spent half the day outdoors in cool rainy conditions, like 37 degrees!  Didn't see any snowflakes, but it certainly felt like we should have seen the white stuff.  Helped Bike man finish his last phosphorus monitoring on our local streams.  Six months of monitoring and now it's done for the season.

To help warm up when we got home, I made a batch of potato soup, or Cheeseburger soup as it's really called.  You'll find the recipe in my Turtle recipes.  Because we like a little kick to our food, we'll add some hot sauce or our favorite Creole seasoning to spice things up. 

It's getting cold my friends and it's no turning back now.  Good-bye 70 degree weather.  

3 comments:

  1. I made some potato/veggie soup yesterday as well and also added my favorite cajun seasoning! lOve that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know- the chill in the air today made me double check to see if there was snow- brrrr! Time to break out the heavier coat I think!

    ReplyDelete