Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Titletown

What's wrong with this picture?  Really, water for $3.00?  That's the Hyatt for ya.....only at a conference center will they charge that much for bottled water.
 
 So here I am in Green Bay at the Hyatt Convention Center attending the annual Wisconsin Library Association conference.  You know those librarian types, we're just party animals!!!
 
 Nephew Tim with Aunt Lisa

On my way to Green Bay, I stopped in Wausau to say hi to my twin sister Lynn and her son, Tim.  What a great sister, as she had a fresh pot of coffee brewing.....thanks Lynnie, that was perfect.

The library sessions this year are kind of blah, but hey, I signed up for a tour of Lambeau Field and the Oneida Community Library.  I'm really looking forward to the tours, especially my favorite football team.  I also signed up for a luncheon and speaker program with Jarrett Krosoczka, author of graphic novels and children's picture and chapter books.

The weather looks half-way decent for Green Bay and I'll enjoy my time walking around the city and taking in the usual sights and restaurants. 

4 comments:

  1. You ARE such a party animal!
    :)
    I paid $2.00 for that same bottle of water today when Mama and I ate lunch in town. It wasn't the Hyatt, either, so I think you got a pretty good deal on the water...considering where you were staying.
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We, here on Jug Creek, are blessed to have spring water pumped into our home. It is, quite honestly, the best water around. Maybe I should bottle it????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie....$2 is still expense!

    Joanne....you could have a gold mine with bottling spring water!

    ReplyDelete