Spent all day indoors. Yup, it's true! With winds blowing from the west and single digit temperatures, I decided I would not venture out today....no way. Decided to spend my time in the kitchen today,cleaning and cooking. Did you know that cold weather calls for healthy soup? Made a pot of Split Pea and Ham soup.....one of my very favorites. Topped off a bowl of soup with Bike man's delicious homemade croutons. Really hit the spot, plus it's low-fat and loaded with fiber. I won't be posting this soup in my turtle recipes, but just Google Split Pea soup if you want a recipe....there's tons of recipes to chose from online.
Remember to checkout other soup recipes I've posted in my "turtle recipes." Wind chills expected to be -25 to -35 below tonight. Think I'll take some soup to work tomorrow for my lunch!

Love me some home made soup on a cold winter day.
ReplyDeleteNow THAT's cold!
ReplyDeleteThose temperatures and wind-chill factors are extreme!!!
Wow- that sounds extremely cold. I'll take our teen temps right now! Stay warm, your soup sounds and looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had split pea soup since I was a kid. I'm putting the peas on my grocery list.
ReplyDelete