Saturday, December 15, 2012

Toaster Oven Treat

Applesauce Bread 

Have you ever sliced some quick bread and then put it in the toaster oven? Hummmm, you gotta try it.  Bike man made a batch of applesauce bread this afternoon.  The bread turned out nice and moist, however, Bike man likes his quick bread sliced and then toasted to the crunchy level.  Gotta top it off with either whipped cream or ice cream.  A real nice apple treat for apple lovers.

It's hard to believe it was 34 degrees today and it's December 15th.  Wow!  Instead of running outdoors in snow, I was running in the rain.  Concentrating on Christmas plans tonight, however, yesterdays school  tragedy has left me feeling a little numb to celebrating this holiday.  Just spending time with my family, minus all the gifts and special foods is what I will be concentrating on this Christmas season.

4 comments:

  1. Whipped cream on warm pumpkin bread is a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm. I agree. The morning after opening a loaf of sweet bread, into the toaster it goes. A treat is right!

    ReplyDelete