Saturday, May 26, 2012

A Working Day

When I first walked into Crystal's house this morning I thought, wow, look at all those road signs!  Little did I know this would involve into a group activity.

As a new Board Director for the Menomonie Market Food Co-op, this was my first all day retreat.  Our main focus today was looking at an expansion project in the near future. It was great to spend the day at our general manager's house, enjoying her hospitality, and her cozy home, which just happens to be a renovated church built in the late 1800's!  So cool......
  
Arrived this morning to freshly brewed coffee and a delicious buttermilk-blueberry coffeecake.....so tasty.   During our lunch break, we were treated to cauliflower soup, a fresh green salad with homemade dressing, salmon salad, couscous salad with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, deviled eggs and delicious artisan bread baked at the food co-op.  There is nothing like fresh food made from scratch!  

Took several breaks during the day, which gave me the opportunity to snuggle with little Frankie (Crystal & Bill's baby).  Frankie's a little snuggle bug.....seriously!

Despite the storms and all day rain, it was an awesome day with my fellow Board Directors.  As for the rest of the holiday weekend, I need to refresh and relax.  Hoping for some bicycle time tomorrow and Monday.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been on blogger for a week or so, just had to catch up. I biked another day to work, but then got a flat so caught a ride home. Still need to fix my flat but I'm excited to bike again. We've had lots of wind though and it gets downright cold when it's blowing. Hopefully I'll be able to bike next week several times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your weather is more promising for biking Monday then it is here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to spend a wet and story Saturday to me! Especially all that good food and cute baby. Have fun on your ride, it'll be a hot one.

    ReplyDelete