Rhubarb Muffins
Worked late tonight teaching another eBook class, so that meant I could spend a little more time at home this morning doing what I love to do......bake! Before the storms arrived this morning, I went out into our garden and cut some more rhubarb. I decided to checkout my favorite foodie blog, Carpe Season, and look for a rhubarb recipe. I found a nice muffin recipe that used either buttermilk or plain yogurt. This recipe reminded me of my childhood. I grew up loving and eating rhubarb when I was a young girl, so it isn't spring until you cook up some rhubarb recipes. My remaining rhubarb plant is getting slim, but will probably cut and freeze the last of it. Oh, and the rhubarb muffins were delicious, especially when they were right out of the oven and still warm. A muffin and a rich cup of espresso. Can't get any better than that! (thanks Liz)

Looks so good!
ReplyDeleteThat looks delicious! I'll have to check out food blog, I have not heard of it before.
ReplyDeleteI am already lamenting the passing of rhubarb season!! Not enough stored away in my freezer, either.
ReplyDeleteThese do look delicious! I have made a pan of bars already. My plant rejuvenates often so it seems and I will have rhubarb long into June and July- gotta love it :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked them! They're some of our favorites and are a great way to use up fresh or frozen rhubarb!
ReplyDelete