We were on a descend and then quickly rounded a corner to discover a bridge. I heard the water rushing as we were approaching the bridge, but as soon as we crossed the bridge..... voila, Dells Mill. This quaint and historic grist mill was built back in 1864. Dells Mill is located near Augusta, Wisconsin.
Bike man and I participated today in our local Sierra Club century bicycle ride. Century ride meaning 100 miles, but we did not ride that length.....no way! We headed out into the farmland of northwest Wisconsin early this morning, anticipating we would ride the 60 mile route, however, 45 minutes into our ride, the gusty winds and possible rain clouds convinced us to ride a shorter route. The wind was tough for me and I had limited time in my big chain ring and mostly kept spinning in my smaller ring to keep my legs feeling less stressed. Bike man was doing fine as usual, but I'm not a big wind rider and I always seem to struggle.



It's a significant talent knowing when to head for the car.
ReplyDeleteGood thing you headed in early to miss the storms and it sure got chilly after the cold front moved through - burrrr!
ReplyDeleteAhh the mill does look very quaint and postcard quality for sure! What a great day for a ride :)
ReplyDelete