Monday, April 23, 2012

Fresh and Tasty


This is always an exciting time of the year when the hostas emerge and slowly unravel their leaves, while growing higher and larger over the next six weeks.  At this point, the leaves are fresh, tender and perfect.  Well.......

perfect for munching that is!  Those darn deer.  They totally feasted on the fresh tender hosta plants out in our yard.  If only I had a couple scarecrows with battery operated arms and legs!!!!  It's disheartening knowing many of our hostas will suffer damage from the multiple deer that come and go during the wee hours of the morning.  Where's that bear when I need him?

5 comments:

  1. i agree....deer always seem to eat the best stuff in your yards :(

    it's a good thing they're so cute !!

    at the cottage, they now only have the prairie to feast on....nothing "good" is planted for them and of course they stay away from the skunk cabbage so that limits them, too......

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeap, all my hostas are up and looking for some sun, oh, and I heard the bear was headed south for a visit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. mine have had some damage too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I so didn't see that one coming :) &^%$ deer is right! Hope they rebound and spring up tall in spite of the deer!

    ReplyDelete