Ok, how about this lovely scat! This freshly green poop reminds me of frozen spinach. Now what in the world would this animal be eating at this time of the year that's green? The only green vegetation I can imagine is the horsetail that grows along the lake bank, but at this time of the year the horsetail is knocked down, but not fully broken down. I'm scratching my head on this scat. Any suggestions? Oh wait a minute, we do have a winter compost pile outside near the woods. Could it be the animal ate lunch at my local compost diner?
Now this is one of the distinct animal tracks I found next to the spinach-type scat. I need to research this one a little more before I give you an answer tomorrow night. Look at that paw print....it's huge.So yesterday's scat and animal tracks? I've determined that we may have a Bobcat living close by based on the type of scat. The other thing that helped me come to that conclusion was the scratch marks that the Son and I found on a wooden post that happens to be just up the hill from this photo. We found the scratch marks last fall and I remember asking my son what would make these long scratch marks in the wood post. Well now I think I know, but I want Bike man to put up his game camera that will capture night photos of this nocturnal animal. Isn't that exciting?
Awwww, we need more snow. Did I just say that???
As long as that snow is in Wisconsin only, I'm ok with it.
ReplyDeleteLove these...and await the next post (looking forward to the game camera photos!!!!)
ReplyDeleteI'd say it could be a bobcat definitely! It is pretty exciting to think of what roams about during the evening hours. My in-laws live in the trees on a lake and have had lots of deer, fox, and even bear sightings. They have lots of scat with seeds in it... very interesting!
ReplyDelete