
This particular animal loves to slide along the snow and lake ice. It's hard to say if this animal is playing or just trying to move in distance.
These animal tracks are smaller with actually five toes, but the inner toe doesn't always show up in the snow. This animal loves rivers and streambeds, while finding it's nesting area in bank burrows and log jams. Do you know what it is?So yesterday's paw prints? I'm convinced it's a Pine Marten with it's five toes and heal (hind pad) that shows up in the snow. Just so you know, Marten's are larger than Weasels. Years ago we thought we spotted a Marten near our dock during the summer and called the DNR to report it because Marten's don't usually live south of Lake Superior in northern Wisconsin. It just goes to shows that observing animal tracks in the snow can reveal those mystery animals that live and play in your backyard.
I like to slide in the snow, just not on my bike, and I have 5 toes.
ReplyDelete