Saturday, January 21, 2012

Open Book

I found it very fitting today that my all-day training session would be held at the Open Book in Minneapolis. Seems like I can't get away from books or literature. My training session today had nothing to do with my job, in fact, I was there for a totally different reason. Sorry, I can't reveal my secret until March!

I will tell you however, the Open Book is amazing. This is a place for someone to come who wants to self publish there literary work or literary artwork. The upstairs area is a great place for conference rooms, and this spiral staircase is worth seeing with it's unique illuminated art panels.

It's hard to believe someone could be so creative with an old book. I believe this was for sale, but didn't see the price tag. There's a lot of work in this piece of art.

So, the only thing I will say about today.......we played with legos to help us understand how accounting works. The yellow column represents assets, the red represents liabilities (debt) and the green represents equity (income). I guess we're never to old to play with legos!

6 comments:

  1. what a fun store! I always love to see what someone else is doing artwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you're gonna keep us in the dark until March, eh? :)))
    And...not being able to get away from books or literature is actually a very good thing, Lisa. I know that you have a love of both, as do I.
    Good that you got to play while you worked today. Playing is important too... It keeps us young!!!
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very mysterous Lisa! Can't wait to find out in March what the big secret is.

    Love legos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your secret has your immediate family members going, "hmmm". I haven't forgotten about that long time ago home ec in business degree that you haven't yet used. . . Verrry interesting, lil sis.

    ReplyDelete