So two weeks ago I decided to try some walking/running. Totally being honest here......it hurts! I haven't run in about six years now. Being older doesn't help either. My joints and muscles are saying "no way" Lis!!! Of course I'm stubborn and don't want to admit my body is older....why is that? Must be a woman thing.So anyway, because my bicycle rides are pretty much limited to weekends now, I decided to try another form of exercise. And by the way, I have vowed not to join the fitness center because my body and mind needs fresh air......lots of fresh air.
So tonight I ran/walked in light drizzle, but that was totally fine by me. Just craving some outdoor time to keep me healthy and happy. Will bring the bicycle back out this weekend.
PS. Bike man is still lake and stream monitoring. He should wrap everything up by October.
I knew we were "sistuhs"...:))
ReplyDeleteI began my walking/running last Monday. I am older....hadn't done my walking or running in a couple of years...but decided that I wanted to get back into it. I walked 3 miles...and yesterday I walked 3 miles and ran 1/2 mile (which is an accomplishment for me.) I am sore...but feel so good...a mixed blessing.
I'm with you....even though you will be outwalking/outrunning me, know that you have a friend that is with you....outdoors!
Love to you, Lisa.
Jackie
Wow! You go girl! I'm impressed with your ability to get up and make yourself go. I can't seem to make myself get it done. I have no desire to run, but walks outdoors would be nice.
ReplyDeleteOut is so much better than in.
ReplyDelete