Saturday, July 23, 2011

Storms Again & Again

Dang it. The storms and rain screwed up our plans today. Wanted to get a bike ride in, but storms hit around 11 am and then redeveloped in the early afternoon.


Instead of heading off on our bicycles to the Menomonie farmer's market, we drove by car. Spent a quick 20 minutes looking over the vegetables and flowers. Ended up buying zucchini, garlic, jalapenos and green beans.


Came back home and decided to work in the garden, only to be interrupted by another rain storm. Geez! After the storm, I headed back out into the garden and once again it began to rain. This time I just continued to keep pulling those weeds in the moderate rainfall. At least the weeds pulled out easy with the soil being saturated with moisture.



By 7 pm tonight I was busy putting together the veggies I bought at the farmer's market. I took some stew meat and marinated for several hours. Then I cut up zucchini, colored peppers, green beans, jalapenos and onions and put them in a zip-lock bag with olive oil and my favorite herb mix. The veggie mix was grilled along with the marinated beef. Perfect meal for a Saturday night.


Oops, hear more thunder rolling in tonight. One more round of small storms.




2 comments: