Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ride the Divide

It was listed in our local newspaper that a one-time showing of the Ride the Divide documentary would be showing in a nearby city, so Bike man, the Son and I went to the special showing tonight. Wow.....we thoroughly enjoyed this documentary. The Ride the Divide race is an annual mountain bike race that starts in Banff, Alberta and follows the Great Divide trail all the way to the Mexico border.

Bike man rode the Great Divide trail in 2005 and spent 5 weeks riding the trail with his brother. Unfortunately, Bike man had to cycle the last week alone in Wyoming since his brother had to abort the trip due to severe back problems. Bike man is hoping to continue the Great Divide ride.....soon! How soon? Well, whenever I say "lets go"!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Just wait until the snow melts up in those moutains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two copies of that documentary. One is a loaner waiting for return. My other one is a Blue Ray . It's awesome. My plans are to do that after retirement. Maybe pulling a light trailer. Do I remember correctly you posted a picture of BikeMan once on the Divide ride with a bike trailer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that would be such a great trip! Some serious cycling I am sure, but the scenery would be like none other... I hope you both get to ride real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So are you going to ride the Divide too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a huge challenge!

    ReplyDelete