Thursday, March 10, 2011

Camera Ready

Grabbed my camera as I approached the Red Cedar River from the north end of our county. Traveling back home from a training session today in northern Wisconsin, gave me the opportunity to point and shoot. Camera, that is!

While concentrating up the river, I suddenly realized I had a few friends off to the left along the ice melt. These Whistling swans just happen to be hanging out ever so quietly. Darn, if only I had my Canon Rebel, but the point and shoot did it's job.

The swans obviously saw me and were watching me, but they let me just hang out on the bridge looking down on them. I do admit I did tiptoe around the bridge so I wouldn't make a lot of noise while watching the birds.....certainly didn't want to spook them.
It's such a good feeling to see the rivers opening up and the geese moving. I even smelled a skunk several nights ago on our ride home from the theater. Awwwww, spring is beginning.


3 comments:

  1. I crossed the Mississippi today and also found myself thinking it was nice to see it opening up.

    Nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smelled skunk the other day too. It also reminded me that spring is on it's way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful pictures. Spring is such a hopeful time, it can change your inner core.

    ReplyDelete