Monday, March 7, 2011

Found Something New

I some how missed these unusual tracks yesterday while out on the lake. Today however, I noticed them. Looks like an animal was dragging something....or dragging itself. These drag marks continue all along the lake shore. I'm totally stumped by these tracks because I don't see many other marking inside these tracks. The lines are fairly even too. I certainly need help in identifying what these marking represent. Any ideas?

Look mom, I'm being extra safe! I decided that since it's March and the temperatures will be warming soon I decided that I will get into the habit of taking the safety picks with me when I'm out snowshoeing on the lake. We still have 2 1/2 feet of ice, but you just never know, especially when I cross the main channel!!!!! Actually, I figure another two weeks of snowshoeing out on the lake and then I will call it quits. Ya know, it's been a good winter season.
Bike man update: he's doing great and is up to working out for one hour when he attends his cardiac therapy, however, the therapists still aren't use to his enthusiasm for workouts. It's almost like they expect him to be all frail and weak. Geez, wait till Bike man arrives by bicycle to his therapy workouts. The therapists will probably shit their pants!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Ok I will stay tuned. I am very curious as to what could make a tracks like that. A turtle with no feet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bike man is thinking maybe a beaver???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure it was an animal. Maybe unusual ice formation under new snow.

    Tell the husband to keep on making them scratch their heads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what it is? I will have to ask PakArt to have her hubby look at your blog. maybe he would know the mighty hunter that he is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those ARE strange tracks... makes you wonder. We figured out ours in the backyard although it wasn't too hard once we saw the pellet droppings :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting tracks, I've no idea what could have made them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krissy and I just discovered a wonderful website that shows pictures of animal tracks in the snow. I think this track was made by an otter or beaver!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It could be an otter or a beaver.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO glad to hear that Ted is doing well! He is probably the model cardiac rehab patient!

    ReplyDelete