Sunday, February 27, 2011

Marine's Are Tough Ya Know.....

I didn't verbally say it, but I thought it in my head....."aren't you going to be cold walking in those shorts?" What the heck was I thinking. Should I even question the presence of bare legs? Of course not.....this is a man that survived the Vietnam war, one heart attack (1980), one divorce, a cigarette habit in his younger days, 20 years as a postal clerk, and Tuesday's angioplasty procedure, in which the doctors repaired blocked arteries. Bare legs on a 45 minutes walk in 28 degree weather today......no sweat. You just keep on wearing those shorts for the remaining winter months Bike man. With in no time you'll be running, biking and tromping around in the rivers and streams looking for invasive plants, and algae!

Still giving thanks cuz everyday is a new day.

4 comments:

  1. Well, it was 28 so that's not so bad. Now if it was -28 that would be really odd!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mr. B. man is tough. I remember the story when you guys went on the bike trip. Bikeman was not feeling good, but he still pulled the trailer and still went the distance. Keep healing. Hoo-ra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a real fighter, isn't he? Hope he doesn't overdo it and gets well and back to his normal fiesty self soon!

    ReplyDelete