
After awhile, I realized the deer weren't following my trail, I was following the deer trails! With the additional snow we received earlier in the week, plus the blowing winds during midweek, I quickly realized I was in for a good snowshoe workout today. Breaking a new trail was the theme for today..... all the way.
The men-folk came out today for a little ice fishing. I was happy Bike man could get outside for the afternoon. Looks like the single digit temperatures will return for next week. Boy oh boy, winter is starting to drag on and it's getting on my nerves!
The fish were not really biting today, but this small Northern hit around 5 pm. Not a keeper, so back in the hole it went!
I sure hope I see some sunshine tomorrow.....I really need it.
Yeah, it's been a sun-less winter. I heard that 27 of 31 days in January had snow, and snow doesn't fall out of the sun.
ReplyDeleteThat top pic of frosty trees is really beautiful. The rest are very WI, MN and MI - men ice fishing!
ReplyDeleteWas Bike man in long pants?! Bummer about the cold coming again. I was thinking that spring was just around the corner.
ReplyDeleteYes! We got the sun today you were hoping for, but bummer. I didn't get to get out and enjoy any of it. Had church all morning, then had to come home and bake for the Super Bowl.
ReplyDeleteQuestion: When that fish goes back into the hole, does he swim away...or is he frozen...and just sinks (or floats?) I'm not being silly; I simply don't know.
ReplyDeleteI love winter.. I love being here at your VERY wintery blog!!!
Love,
Jackie