I felt like the creature of the night trudging through the snow in winter darkness. The snow was hitting my face as I broke through 4-5 inches of new snow. Very peaceful.
I slipped into my snowshoes (boots already in the bindings) and took off at darkness. Halfway through my walk I rounded a corner as I headed into the bay area and immediately spotted these brown dots in front of me, just scattering. I knew it! I knew that sooner or later I would spot the creatures that wonder the lake ice during the darkness. The deer must have heard my snowy footsteps because those animals just bolted to the wooded shoreline and totally disappeared. I was hoping to see a fox or coyote, but no such luck tonight.I finished my hour walk totally drenched in sweat. Those extra layers of snow took a toll on me tonight. Most important however, is that I got outside and enjoyed the winter air. It's all about the fresh air....it keeps your body healthy and your mind clear.
It's the best stuff to breathe.
ReplyDeleteThere is something about clean winter air. It's a good thing.
ReplyDeleteBreathe deeply, my friend.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I love the photo of the ice wall on your side bar. Spectacular!
Love,
Jackie
body healthy and mind clear. I need it both.
ReplyDelete