
The air was very still this morning, yet frosty and crisp. I had a fleece turtle around my neck and chin, but the 7 degrees still chilled my cheekbones. I snowshoed for about an hour and then headed back to the house so I could get ready for work. I had to work late tonight, so going in later this morning gave me the opportunity to enjoy some outdoor exercise.....so much better than heading to the fitness center.

I love it when everything is coated in frost. When you live in the north, you learn to love those little things in nature that express beauty and simplicity. After finishing my snowshoe walk, it started snowing. The snow continued all day and even tonight when I drove home. Fluffy dry snow is the best. More snow coming and then the polar blast will hit this weekend.
Do you use poles when snowshoeing?
ReplyDeleteYes I do. I get a better workout when I use poles. My snowshoes are meant for running, but I prefer to walk.
ReplyDeletegeeepers, this weather reminds me so much of winter.
ReplyDeleteI love this description of the winter morning. I can see and feel it as I read.
ReplyDelete"....learn to love things in nature that express beauty and simplicity"... What a beautiful sentiment, Lisa.
Continued good health and warm wishes for you as you enjoy the fluffy dry snow.
Love,
Jackie
I like seeing the frost too. The tree branches this morning reminded me of velvet on deer horns.
ReplyDeleteI too love the frost. We've been very cold also and the frosty on everything just makes it beautiful.
ReplyDelete