Monday, January 3, 2011

Dating Myself

I had time to think today....think about what I want to do for the future and what I haven't done in the past. This photo is a good example of what I wanted to do for 30 years. Can you zero in on the publishing date on the Cook's Magazine? Yup, 1981. Cook's magazine is now published by Cook's Illustrated. I saved this particular 1981 issue so I could teach myself how to make a basic Genoise cake.

What is Genoise?

Genoise is a European sponge cake made from cake flour, sugar, eggs, salt, vanilla and unsalted butter. No chemical leaveners, just whipping the eggs, flour and sugar mixture to develop a light spongy texture.

Genoise is usually referred to as a specialty cake, but how about cupcakes? That's my thought here. I think I will concentrate on making Genoise cupcakes with butter cream frosting.

After a day of reflecting on my future dreams and endeavours, I realized I need to make some changes in my life. It's too early to reveal my soul , but look for upcoming hints!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Change is good! That coming from a guy who loves his rut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, self reflection, change, good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have dreams that I've wanted to do for a long time too. Make those cupcakes and take pics. They sound delicious and you've got slower days anyways. Get 'er done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look for upcoming hints, my friend.
    I always look forward to being here!!!
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete